Keeping you private
For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
This policy will explain what information we will collect when you’re active on this site, how we use that information, whether we disclose this information to anyone and the ability for you to correct this information.
Website usage information
When you access be.UP Park website, the web server logs anonymous information for standard statistical analysis, such as the:
- IP address of the computer which accesses the website
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you viewed
- Type of browser you are using
- Operating system used to access the site
The statistics package collates the data into information and graphs for use in understanding the usage patterns of visitors to our website. The statistics package does not identify any individual user.
Why we collect your information and what we do with it?
We collect your information to assist in providing you with services you have requested and in improving the services provided by be.UP Park. Personal information collected will be used for administrative purposes related to a program, facility or service or for communicating information to you regarding facilities, programs, services or promotions that are deemed appropriate to your interests and needs or which may enhance your use of be.UP Park facilities.
We may do the following with the information you have submitted:
- Contact you by email, mail or telephone (if you have provided these details) for the purpose of providing you a service you have requested, to inform you if you have won a competition or are eligible for a special offer or to allow us to update your personal information.
- From time to time we may run tournaments. To participate, you may need to supply us with some personal information. Tournament rules vary from case to case and will be noted clearly in the relevant Terms and Conditions for each case.
be.UP Park will never share your personal information or captured image with a third party or any other organisation without your explicit permission/consent, with the following exceptions:
- Where required by law
- If be.UP Park believes it appropriate to provide you with a service you have requested
- To protect the rights or property of the be.UP Park, any user or any member of the public
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
At times we may share anonymous information with our advertisers, sponsors and partners. Whilst your individual information is protected as outlined above, we may use aggregated, anonymous data about our customers for statistical purposes. For example, we might report to our partners that a certain percentage of our customers are interested in certain events and activities, based on information requests. This is done to improve services for our customers from our advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information submitted when engaging in an online transaction with be.UP Park will pass through a registered secure server. This server makes use of all available protective processes for the security of e-commerce information. However, be.UP Park does not accept any responsibility for security breaches that are beyond be.UP Park’s control. You should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting personal information via the internet and that we accept no responsibility for personal information provided via unsecured websites.
Once be.UP Park receives your transmission, it will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
be.UP Park is a South African Business and all transactions will be billed in Rand.
Information collected from children
Parental consent is required when personal information is obtained from or submitted by persons under 18 years of age.
There are situations, such as online registrations, competitions and feedback forms, where children may provide information. be.UP Park understands the importance of protecting the safety and privacy of children and will deal with all information received as outlined above. However, be.UP Park encourages parents/cares to monitor their child’s online experience when providing information.
Post: Gardener Place, Rose Innes Street, Pinelands, Cape Town, 7405.
Phone: + 27(0) 21 532 1169